Last updated: June 1, 2021
Please read this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with this Policy or any part thereof, you should not access or use any part of the Service, or otherwise provide us with your Personal Information. If you change your mind in the future, you should stop using the Service and provide us with no further Personal Information.
Contents of this Policy
This Policy outlines the following topics:
- Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Our Legal Basis for Processing European Personal Information
- How We Disclose or Share Your Personal Information
- Your Rights and Choices
- Third-Party Services
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Security
- Data Transfers
- Data Retention
- Changes and Updates to This Policy
- Contact Us
1. Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
We obtain Personal Information relating to you from various sources described below. Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Service if that information is necessary to provide you with the Service, or if we are legally required to collect it.
|Personal Information Collected from You||How We Use It|
If you register to use the Service, then you must provide us with:
– Your name
– Email address
– A password to create an account and user profile
– Your company/institution name
– The industry of your company/institution
– Optional information, such as a photo of yourself
|– Create and maintain a user account for the use of our Service and provide you with the
– Display user ID and avatars to other users with whom you interact
– Provide marketing or promotions, should you desire
– Provide you with the latest news and updates on our applications
– Provide you with support, respond to your requests and complaints, and otherwise communicate with you
– Invite you to participate in surveys and events
|Communication and Support
When you communicate with us via the Service, or you send us a request, application, claim, report or complaint, we collect Personal Information, such as:
– Your name
– Email address
– Physical address, if applicable
– IP Address
– Phone number
– Contents and nature of your correspondence with us, including technical support requests, meeting (virtual or in-person, public or private) requests, competition requests, complaints, queries and feedback on your use of the Service
Further, we provide you with the option of using our chatbot or similar tools to communicate with us.
If you choose to interact with such tools, you agree that we will process your Personal Information provided by you during your interaction with such tools in accordance with this Policy, the Personal Information of which may include your account preferences, IP address, and the nature of any issues you want to resolve which you enter into the chatbot or similar tools.
|– Provide you with support, respond to your requests and complaints, and otherwise
communicate with you
– Provide you with the information you request, and refine the products to meet your feedback
– Analyze your request, application, claim, report or complaint and improve the quality of our products if necessary
– Understand your preferences and support you with necessary products or features
We will automatically collect information about your visit to our Site and use of our service via cookies. The information collected will typically include Personal Information, such as
– Your IP address
– Advertising identifiers
|– Analyze how our Site is used to generate a better experience
– Remember your settings and preferences
– Personalize our service and provide customized advertisements, content, and information
– Analyze our marketing activities and improve them
– Provide our Service and support
We will collect any information you choose to provide to us when you apply for a job with DCloud, including your resume and references.
|– Process your job application
– Communicate with you
We will collect payment-related information for the purpose of creating your paid account, and process your payment to provide you with our paid services, including your:
– Billing name
– Billing phone
– Billing address
– Payment method
– Company name (if applicable)
You can provide us with this information through your account dashboard or directly in our Developer Customer agreement.
|– Create a paid account
– Provide our paid account services
– Provide support and respond to requests
– Process your payment
– Communicate with you
|Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties||How We Use It|
|Information from Developer Customers
If you are using the Service as an end user of an Developer Customer, we may process Personal Information about you provided by our Developer Customers who use the Service with their own end users. Please refer to DCloud Processor Privacy Statement for more information about what Personal Information we process.
|– Provide you with the Service
– Other uses as stated in our Processor Privacy Statement
|Information from Other Third Parties
We may obtain information, including Personal Information from third parties and sources other than from our Service. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through our Service, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
|– Provide you with the Service
– Contact you and provide you with the support you requested
– Invite you to our events, and present you each feature of our events, surveys, and other activities
– Provide direct marketing to you
– Otherwise communicate with you
Notwithstanding the above, we may use your Personal Information to enforce our End User License Agreement and Terms of Service, to defend our legal rights, to conduct audits, to comply with our legal obligations and internal policies, to contact you for administrative purposes such as to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to user content posted on the Service. Where we do so, we will use the Personal Information relevant to such a case. Some processing may also be necessary to comply with a legal obligation placed on us.
2. Our Legal Basis for Processing European Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal basis, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information;
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with the Service, including for account registration and to respond to your inquiries;
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information; or
- We, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to conduct business analytics and direct marketing, and otherwise improve the safety, security, and performance of our Service. We only rely on our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
3. How We Disclose or Share Your Personal Information
DCloud Affiliates and Subsidiaries
We will typically disclose Personal Information about you within our DCloud affiliates and subsidiaries in a secure manner for the purpose of providing our Service or communicating with you.
Any Personal Information that you choose to include on or through the Service, including information in a publicly accessible area of the Service (such as a public profile page) or information you share with or allow to be shared with other users, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
DCloud’s Partners, Vendors and Service Providers
We work with third party service providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Information as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. Such third parties may typically include storage vendors, internet carriers, payment processing partners, survey firms and virtual or in-person event organizers.
Other Third Parties
We may also share Personal Information about you with other third parties in the following circumstances:
- In Aggregated Form. We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise de-identified information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- To Comply with Legal Obligations. We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with the Singapore laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- To Protect and Enforce Our Rights. We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- In case of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfer. Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- With Your Consent. We also may disclose your Personal Information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected or before it is shared, or in any other manner to which you consent.
4. Your Rights and Choices
You are entitled to decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some of the features and functionalities of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account settings page on the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
Opt-Out from Commercial Communication
If you receive any commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial emails from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service. Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to fifteen business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period, unless we are required by applicable law to process your request within a shorter period of time. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain Personal Information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to Do Not Track signals, our website does not currently respond to such signals.
Do Not Sell Personal Information
We will not sell your Personal Information to any third party without your prior written consent.
Exercising Your Rights
Please note that, prior to any response to the exercise of such rights, we may require you to verify your identify. In addition, we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request and will inform you if that is the case. For more information on, or to exercise your rights, please email email@example.com.
5. Third-Party Services
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Service from persons under 16 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 16 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
7. Data Security
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to appropriately protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. WE CANNOT, HOWEVER, ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US OR STORE ON THE SERVICE, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ALSO CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT SUCH INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF ANY OF OUR PHYSICAL, TECHNICAL, OR MANAGERIAL SAFEGUARDS. The foregoing is subject to requirements under applicable law to ensure or warrant information security.
If, under applicable law, we learn of a security breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach, you should notify us at email@example.com.
8. Data Transfers
While DCloud provides its Service globally, the Service is hosted in the Singapore. If you choose to use the Service, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of your jurisdiction to the Singapore and other regions where our data centers are located for storage and processing, which may not have the same level of data protection as that of your jurisdiction. Also, we may further transfer your data from the Singapore to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service.
9. Data Retention
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identification when this information is no longer required for the purposes for which we processed it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period.
When determining the retention period, we consider various criteria which includes:
- The type of products and services used by or provided to you
- The nature and length of our relationship with you
- Possible re-enrollment with our products or services
- The impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you
- Mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations
Additionally, if you no longer desire to use our Service, you can choose to delete your account and associated information. We provide you with this option when accessing your account dashboard, where, after authenticating yourself and satisfying certain conditions, you’ll be able to request the deletion of your DCloud account and associated information, unless we are legally required to keep it.
10. Changes and Updates to This Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. If the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. If you have an DCloud account, we may also notify you of any changes / updates to this Policy in your account dashboard. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
11. Contact Us
DCloud.io is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information as described in this Policy. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, your consent choices, or if you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org